These past few months have been the most crafty of months for me. I have done maybe 6 or 7 projects without any need for creativity! My secret is PINTEREST! and I LOVE IT.
So I have started finding hobbies, as I am a stay-at-home mom and I thought maybe I would take up baking at first... but lets face it. I eat what I make, and well that just doesn't go well with the scale. So then I stopped baking and was again in need of a hobby. I thought maybe learning to play the piano. i started taking lessons, but wow did i find it hard to find the time to practce! (just as I did when i was younger..) So piano was out. Then I thought well maybe I will take up working out... need i say more... exercise out. So one day after a Young Woman's activity my friend mentioned Pinterest. And lets just say I have FOUND MY HOBBY!
CRAFTING!. I have a really small home right now and limited wall space, but I have found things to do to help make my home feel more like a home.



The awesome thing about my newfound hobby, is that I can go to the website, pick something I want to do (usually with stuff already found around the house). Sit down after the dishes are done (and sometimes before) and when the kids are in bed and create something from nothing.
I know that for me creating has always served as a great self-esteem and mood booster. As does cleaning... ironically enough. And so these past few months as I have been creating new things I have had a greater sense of purpose and "love" for myself. Everything in my life has gone better. I am more apt to reading my scriptures, fulfilling my callings and taking care of my husband and son. I am not afraid to volunteer to do projects, because of this new found confidence. I know i can do them!
So basically this has been my past couple of months, and as Halloween and Christmas are quickly approaching, the crafting will probably kick into high gear!
Next undertaking: SEWING! Woohooooo .... We will start with stockings and go from there.
So I have started finding hobbies, as I am a stay-at-home mom and I thought maybe I would take up baking at first... but lets face it. I eat what I make, and well that just doesn't go well with the scale. So then I stopped baking and was again in need of a hobby. I thought maybe learning to play the piano. i started taking lessons, but wow did i find it hard to find the time to practce! (just as I did when i was younger..) So piano was out. Then I thought well maybe I will take up working out... need i say more... exercise out. So one day after a Young Woman's activity my friend mentioned Pinterest. And lets just say I have FOUND MY HOBBY!
CRAFTING!. I have a really small home right now and limited wall space, but I have found things to do to help make my home feel more like a home.



The awesome thing about my newfound hobby, is that I can go to the website, pick something I want to do (usually with stuff already found around the house). Sit down after the dishes are done (and sometimes before) and when the kids are in bed and create something from nothing.
I know that for me creating has always served as a great self-esteem and mood booster. As does cleaning... ironically enough. And so these past few months as I have been creating new things I have had a greater sense of purpose and "love" for myself. Everything in my life has gone better. I am more apt to reading my scriptures, fulfilling my callings and taking care of my husband and son. I am not afraid to volunteer to do projects, because of this new found confidence. I know i can do them!
So basically this has been my past couple of months, and as Halloween and Christmas are quickly approaching, the crafting will probably kick into high gear!
Next undertaking: SEWING! Woohooooo .... We will start with stockings and go from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment