Monday, November 7, 2011

And it begins!

The day after Halloween was over, I took down all the decorations and began the long-waited Christmas preparation. I really only have a few decorations for a tree, and nothing festive for my home, and so this year my goal is to make a bunch of stuff to help my home be a beautiful refuge from the cold, dismal winter.
I am beginning with Christmas cards (however they aren't going to be decorating my house.) This year I am making my own - SUPER FUN. The first few are well... ok, but the last few are ones I can be proud of. I cannot however own up to all of my ideas. Many of the templates I found on pinterest ,and modified to my own OCD-ness. Here are a few pictures of my creations!



I am going to get a nice picture of the Savior to put in here. $6.00 gift. The frame was only $1.00 from Michaels. Painted brown and then covered in Champagne sparkle paint. The letters are wooden - from the dollarstore and painted in the sparkle paint as well.

These are snowmen and (fake ornaments) made from Styrofoam balls from the Dollarstore. They are painted either White, red or green. The snowmen faces are drawn on using pen, marker and crayon (for the rosy cheeks). The ornaments are covered in white yarn.






A card that got left out of the picture taking. I love glitter!



The red and green cards. My favorite is far right 2nd down. It says let it snow.





The blue cards !! My favorite one is the Let it Snow with the 2 snowmen holding hands.


More pictures to come as they are created!







No comments:

Post a Comment